- Purdey, Mark. (2006). Auburn university research substantiates the hypothesis that metal microcrystal nucleators initiate the pathogenesis of TSEs. Medical hypotheses. 66. 197-9. 10.1016/j.mehy.2005.07.025.
- Purdey, Mark. (2006). Anti-lactoferrin toxicity and elevated iron: The environmental prerequisites which activate susceptibility to tuberculosis infection?. Medical hypotheses. 66. 513-7. 10.1016/j.mehy.2005.09.027.
- Purdey, Mark. (2005). Erratum to “Elevated levels of ferrimagnetic metals in foodchains supporting the Guam cluster of neurodegeneration: do metal nucleated crystal contaminants evoke magnetic fields that initiate the progressive pathogenesis of neurodegeneration?” [Med Hypotheses 65 (2004) 793–809]. Medical Hypotheses - MED HYPOTHESES. 65. 1207-1207. 10.1016/j.mehy.2004.11.002.
- Purdey, Mark. (2005). Metal microcrystal pollutants: the heat resistant, transmissible nucleating agents that initiate the pathogenesis of TSEs?. Medical hypotheses. 65. 448-77. 10.1016/j.mehy.2005.03.018.
- Purdey, Mark. (2005). The Pathogenesis of Machado Joseph Disease: A High Manganese/Low Magnesium Initiated CAG Expansion Mutation in Susceptible Genotypes?. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 23. 715S-29S. 10.1080/07315724.2004.10719415.
- Purdey, Mark. (2004). Elevated levels of ferrimagnetic metals in foodchains supporting the Guam cluster of neurodegeneration: Do metal nucleated crystal contaminents evoke magnetic fields that initiate the progressive pathogenesis of neurodegeneration?. Medical hypotheses. 63. 793-809. 10.1016/j.mehy.2004.04.029.
- Purdey, Mark. (2004). Elevated silver, barium and strontium in antlers, vegetation and soils sourced from CWD cluster areas: Do Ag/Ba/Sr piezoelectric crystals represent the transmissible pathogenic agent in TSEs?. Medical hypotheses. 63. 211-25. 10.1016/j.mehy.2004.02.041.
- Purdey, Mark. (2004). Chronic barium intoxication disrupts sulphated proteoglycan synthesis: A hypothesis for the origins of multiple sclerosis. Medical hypotheses. 62. 746-54. 10.1016/j.mehy.2003.12.034.
- Purdey, Mark. (2003). Does an infrasonic acoustic shock wave resonance of the manganese 3+ loaded/copper depleted prion protein initiate the pathogenesis of TSE?. Medical hypotheses. 60. 797-820. 10.1016/S0306-9877(03)00007-0.
- Bounias, Michel & Purdey, Mark. (2002). Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies: A family of etiologically complex diseases - A review. The Science of the total environment. 297. 1-19. 10.1016/S0048-9697(02)00140-7.
- Purdey, M. (2001). Does an ultra violet photooxidation of the manganese-loaded/copper-depleted prion protein in the retina initiate the pathogenesis of TSE?. Medical hypotheses. 57. 29-45. 10.1054/mehy.2001.1305.
- Purdey, M. (2000). Ecosystems supporting clusters of sporadic TSEs demonstrate excesses of the radical-generating divalent cation manganese and deficiencies of antioxidant co factors Cu, Se, Fe, Zn. Does a foreign cation substitution at prion protein's Cu domain initiate TSE?. Medical hypotheses. 54. 278-306. 10.1054/mehy.1999.0836.
- Purdey, M. (1998). High-dose exposure to systemic phosmet insecticide modifies the phosphatidylinositol anchor on the prion protein: The origins of new variant transmissible spongiform encephalopathies?. Medical hypotheses. 50. 91-111. 10.1016/S0306-9877(98)90194-3.
- Purdey, M. (1996). The UK epidemic of BSE: Slow virus or chronic pesticide-initiated modification of the prion protein? Part 1: Mechanisms for a chemically induced pathogenesis/transmissibility. Medical hypotheses. 46. 429-43. 10.1016/S0306-9877(96)90022-5.
- Purdey, M. (1996). The UK epidemic of BSE: Slow virus or chronic pesticide-initiated modification of the prion protein? Part 2: An epidemiological perspective. Medical hypotheses. 46. 445-54. 10.1016/S0306-9877(96)90023-7.
- Purdey, Mark. (1994). Are Organophosphate Pesticides Involved in the Causation of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE)? Hypothesis Based upon a Literature Review and Limited Trials on BSE Cattle. Journal of Nutritional & Environmental Medicine. 4. 43-81. 10.3109/13590849409034540.
- Purdey M. (1994) Mad Cows and Warble Flies. Ecologist 1994 24 (3) 100-104.
- Purdey M. (1994) Degenerative Nervous Diseases and chemical Pollution. Ecologist 1994 24 (3) 100-104.
- Purdley M. (1992) Mad Cows and Warble Flies: a Link between BSE and Organophosphates?, Ecologist. 1992 22 52–57.
Key Lectures and Presentations
- 1994 - June 16; British Society of Allergy and Environmental Medicine Symposium at the Royal Society of Physicians, London.
- 1995 - June 14; Medical Research Council Toxicology Unit at Leicester, UK.
- 1996 - April 12; Annual International Science Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1997 - April 15; UK Government's Spongiform Encephalopathy Advisory Committee's meeting (SEAC).
- 1998 - Nov 20; Annual seminar of the UK's Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
- 2001 - June 3; Personal meeting with HRH Prince of Wales at Highgrove.
- 2001 - August 7; International Conference on Copper and Prion Diseases, at Cambridge University, UK
- 2001 - October 14; US National Renderers Association at Naples, Florida.
- 2001 - December 4; Keynote lecture; Acres USA annual conference, Minneapolis.
- 2002 - March 14-28; 14 lecture tour across Japan to the Japanese Government scientific advisor groups, Japanese Farmers Union, Tokyo Agricultural College, Kobe University, etc
- 2002 - April 27; Keynote speaker; Wise Traditions Nutrition Conference, Washington DC (sponsored by the Weston A. Price Foundation)
- 2002 - October 6th; Annual Seminar of the Mid Atlantic Biodynamic Farmers Association, Washington DC, USA.
- 2002 - October 23rd Annual meeting of the British Cattle Vet Association, Chester. (unable to deliver presentation due to field research commitments abroad)
- 2002 - November 19th; Seminar on "Environmental Perspectives of TSEs". Dipartmento Di Traumatologia Orthpedia E Medicina Del Lavoro, Turin University, Italy.
- 2003 - 9th May; Presentation to Harvard University Medical School, Massachsetts General Hospital
- 2003 - July 18th; Presentation to the Canadian Elk Breeders Association at LeducExpo center, Edmonton, Alberta.
- 2003 - July 22rd; Presentation to the Governmental Group at the Alberta Dept of Agriculture Building, Edmonton, Alberta.
- 2003 - July 23rd; Presentation to Lloydminster Stockade Convention Center, Lloydminster, Alberta.
- 2003 - July 24th; Presentation to Saskatoon veterinary school, Saskatchewan.
- 2003 - July 28th; Presentation to the Western Stockgrowers Association, Calgary, Alberta.
- 2003 - July 30th; Presentation to Annual Symposium of North American Elk Breeders Association, Kansas City, Missouri, USA.
- 2003 - September 8th; Lecture to the 10th International Magnesium Symposium, Cairns, Australia
- 2003 - September 11th; Presentation to the Australian Organic Agricultural Association (NT branch), Cairns, Australia.
- 2003 - September 20th; Presentation to the Japanese Organic Agricultural Association, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2003 - September 19th; Lecture to Japanese Government Animal Health Science Group in Tokyo.
- 2003 - 15th November Penrith Rugby Club at 1.30 pm; Mark Purdey will be speaking about his global causes of brain diseases such as Scrapie, BSE, CWD, ME and Multiple Sclerosis. Please come along to listen and join in with the interactive question / discussion session that will follow.
- February 25th - Dakota - Two lectures in Rapid City, Dakota, USA, to Agwest Feeds and South Dakota Livestock Growers Ass.
- February 28th - Montana - Two lectures to Science and Rancher groups in Billings, Montana, USA.
- March 2nd - Mid Wyoming - Lecture in Mid Wyoming, USA, to Nutritionist and scientific group
- May 14th - Picture Butte Alberta - Picture Butte Auction Mart - 7:30 pm
- May 15th - Brooks Alberta - Bow Slope Shipping Assoc - 7:30 pm
- May 17th - Assiniboia Saskatchewan - Assiniboia Auction Mart - 2:00 pm
- May 18th - Saskatoon Saskatchewan - Room 2115 WCVM, Sask Uni - 10:30 am
- May 18th - North Battleford Saskatchewan - Battleford Exhibition Grounds - 7:30 pm
- May 19th - Lloydminister Saskatchewan - Wild Rose Pavilion - 7:30 pm
- May 20th - Bonnyville Alberta - Bonnyville Agriplex - 7:30 pm
- May 21st - Czar Alberta - Czar Community Hall - 7:30 pm
- May 22nd - Stettler Alberta - Stettler Auction Mart - 7:30 pm
- May 23rd & 24th - Vancouver Isle British Columbia – TBA
- May 27th - Valentine (USA) - NE Agwest Feeds.
- May 29th - Drayton Valley Alberta - Secura Auctions Ltd - 7:30 pm
- May 30th - Westlock Alberta - Triple J Livestock - 2:00 pm
- May 31st - Rimbey Alberta - Rimbey Auction Mart - 1:00 pm
- May 31st - Ponoka Alberta - Vold Jones Vold Auction Co - 7:30 pm
- June 1st - Calgary Alberta - Dutton Theater The Public Library Downtown - 7:00 pm
- November 2nd / 4th 2005. 2nd International Symposium on Hereditary Ataxias; Center for Researching hereditary ataxias of Cuba (CIRAH); Holguin, Cuba.
- November 16th. 2005 (8.00 pm). West Somerset Organic Gardeners Ass, Red Cross Hall, Williton, Somerset, UK.
- February 2nd, 2006 Seminar, Department of Neurotoxicology, US Environmental Protection Agency, North Carolina, USA.
- February 4th, 2006 Pennsylvanian Association for Sustainable Agriculture conference, State College, Pennsylvania
Nikolaenko D. The history of infectious ecology: Mark Purdey. Environmental Epidemiology. 2018, 12, 4, 52 – 82 (in Russian).
Tymoshenko A., Korolev A., Bogachevskay E., Kovalenko M. Preliminary results of discussion of the topic "Mark Purdey and the perception of his scientific ideas". Environmental Epidemiology. 2018, 12, 4, 92-99 (in Russian).
Bogachevskay Е., Tymoshenko А. Dynamics of infectious reality and standards of expert reflection (the case of Mark Purdey). Environmental Epidemiology. 2018, 12, 4, 100 – 110 (in Russian).
Korolev A., Kovalenko M. Let's say Mark Purdey is still alive ... Environmental Epidemiology. 2018, 12, 4, 111 – 128 (in Russian).